Thursday, May 27, 2010

Welcome To Choas

So my life is in constant choas. If the navy isn't handing us a hurdle something else always seems to come up. I will try to update this blog frequently. Especially as we jump over the new hurdle God has handed to us. The saying is that God will not give you more than you can handle. But at the onset of hard news the hurdle seems to be enourmous and too hard to leap over. I know that over time God will give us the tools to build steps so that we can get over but when we're at the bottom I always feel overwhelmed. For those that are starting this blogging journey you may or may not know that my daughter Izabelle was just diagnosed with a rare enzyme disorder. the disorder is the inablity to digest sucrose aka sugar. Her GI specialest has suggested a suppliment before meals and to talk to a nutritionest. We go to her nutritionest on Tuesday and for me it can't come soon enough. I feel like I've been handed a puzzle with only 85% of the pieces. The feeling of not being able to control the situation is a horrible feeling. I know Izabelle will grow up healthy and secure i just morn for the "fun" treats she won't be able to partake in with friends. She'll never know her mommy's coffee latte obsession bc she won't be able to drink one. So this new hurdle is high and the road is going to be long but I know God will comfort us and provide us with the people we need to climb it.

The navy also handed us a hurdle. Poor Derrick did not advance. Granted out of almost 1200 people 76 passed but to see that you missed it by less than 2.5 points is discouraging especially since you know that past commands didn't do what they were supposed to do to help in your career progression (USS TARAWA).....Yes I'm bitter about his last command but it is for MANY reasons not just them sitting on paper works of an award until after derrick left. So once again we'll have to go through cycle in Sept. The ups and downs of promotions are stressful.

This all has made such a stressful week. I'm looking for my sanity and praying God grants me peace. Hopefully our fun filled weekend will provide the stress relief I need.

1 comment:

  1. You know you have my support & love!

    Oh that stinking Tarawa is the reason we were stuck behind even longer without DeWayne & why we had such a hard time getting here. I am thankful that command is no more!

    I am so sorry to hear Derrick didn't advance! And am keeping you all in my prayers as always!

    Love ya! And I am glad to see you started a blog. It is so nice having one!

    ReplyDelete