Thursday, August 26, 2010

Gearing Up For School

So this week has been quite hectic. Jamison started kindergarten and it's been early mornings and a lonely little girl. About an hour after Jamison leaves for school the questions of when will he be home starts. For as much fighting that the two of them do she really misses her brother when he's not here. She is getting good a quiet play by herself and trying to entertain Easton. So all week we've been collecting up all her special medical instructions and talking to doctors. I can't believe my little girl is going to all day preK. She's so excited and I know it'll be good for both her and I. She has been challenging lately and I think she just needs so daily structure. She loves doing school stuff with brother so I know she'll enjoy school. It's finally her turn and she's excited. Although she doesn't understand why brother gets a bus ride and she doesnt. I wish she could get a bus ride, just for fun, but alas she probably won't get a school bus ride for many years. Once we move who knows if busses will be provided or if she'll even need one. She got a new backpack for school and wears it around the house proudly. I know most days she won't need it at school but she feels like such a big girl getting to finally get one of her own. With her going to school it brings many fears. Will she be able to enjoy lunch and snack and all that. Will she get sick and have an accident and be completely embarrassed. Will she get to the bathroom quick enough so that she doesn't have an accident. Will the other kids accept her even with her strange food problems. Will they accept her in general. She's got a strong personality and I'm not sure how other kids will do with her. She did do fine at MMO but she also knew those kids from infancy. I know she needs to grow up and do things on her own but I've been able to keep her pretty sheltered with all her food stuff. I'm really hoping that all my fears are short lived and she has an amazing experince like Jamison had.

2 comments:

  1. She'll do good momma. Hopefully you'll be back here when she starts school and she won't need to ride the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet friend, you NEED to update your blog!! How are the kids doing?? Love you!

    ReplyDelete